Palazzo Donghi Ponti
Formerly the Headquarters of Cassa di Risparmio del Veneto
Designed by Daniele Donghi in 1913, and built on the city street destined to house the headquarters of Padua’s major economic institutions, the Palazzo was extended by Gio Ponti in 1961-64.
Both the architecture, triumphant in its use of the giant order on the main facade and more understated towards Piazza Eremitani, and the decorative cycles of the interiors, joyous Art Nouveau-style images by Giovanni Vianello, convey messages praising the virtues of work and thrift through art.
Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, 22-26, Padua, PD, Italia