Palazzo Brentani Greppi
The Palazzo owes its modern-day appearance and linear Classicism to work carried out in 1829 by architect Luigi Canonica. Divided into three areas by string courses, the facade is decorated between its first and second floors with typical neoclassical medallions depicting illustrious Italians, including Alessandro Volta and Leonardo da Vinci. Set above the main door is the first-floor balcony, a must for the elegant palazzos of the city’s grandest streets as a place to watch parades and processions. The interiors of the upper floors were reworked in 1935 to designs by Giuseppe de Finetti.
Renovated by Michele De Lucchi, the ground floor is now part of Gallerie d’Italia – Milan.
Via Manzoni, 4, Milan, MI, Italia